Shortcuts are always helpful time savers, and they are particularly helpful when it comes to computers. Here are a few computer shortcuts that can make things easier and faster for you…
For Excel and Word:
- F7 will bring you to spellcheck.
- F4 repeats your last action.
- Ctrl + B will bold highlighted section.
- Ctrl + I will change to italic.
- Ctrl + U will underline.
- Ctrl + K will insert a link.
- Ctrl + S will save your open document.
- Click, hold and drag will select text where you click and allow you to pick it up and drop it elsewhere.
- Double clicking after text in a line will set up a tab stop.
- Triple clicking selects a line or paragraph.
- Ctrl + mouse wheel zooms in and out
Keyboard shortcuts for Windows:
- Page up and down keys allow you to scroll up and down.
- Ctrl + C and Ctrl + Insert will copy highlighted text or items.
- Ctrl + X will delete.
- Ctrl + Z will undo any change.
- Ctrl + backspace will delete a full word at a time instead of a single character.
- Ctrl + S will save your file.
- Ctrl + C will copy
- Ctrl + V will paste.
Apple users can substitute Cmd key for Ctrl key to complete any of the above actions.
The more you practice and use these shortcuts, the more they will become second nature – enabling you to glide through your projects with ease