Although this pandemic has held us hostage for quite some time, you simply can’t rob a town like New Smyrna Beach of its fun and festivities. Celebrating artistry and laid-back adventure like no other, New Smyrna Beach still offers up some great times to be had. Here are just a few of the upcoming events scheduled in New Smyrna Beach…
- Cruise on over to Canal Street from 4-8 p.m. every second Saturday for food, shopping and the East Coast Cruisers Car Show.
- For music fans, there is the Jazz’n Blues VIII on the lawn at Jane’s Art Center. In-person seating is limited and masks are required. This event will also be live-streamed via Facebook.
- New Smyrna Beach is famous for its art community and residents and tourists alike can enjoy our Art Stoll & Gallery Walk the first Saturday of every month. Take in professional displays, antiques, dining and music in our charming New Smyrna Beach Historic District. The art stroll is scheduled from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.; there will be music from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.; and the gallery walk is from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Artists may also enjoy chalking it up at The Hub on Canal’s 4th Annual Sidewalk Chalk Art Competition February 27th.
- Take a full moon kayak eco-tour with the Marine Discovery Center and “climb to the moon” on the observation tower for an even better view of the moonlit sky!
- The Marine Discover Center provides great entertainment for children too, with its Five Day Spring Break Adventure Camp, chock-full of saltmarsh adventures including pontoon rides, island exploration, fishing, science activities and arts and crafts – beginning March 22 from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily.
Then, Atlantic Center for the Arts offers free Fresh Perspectives in Poetry April 7th and 14th, which is open to poets of all levels who love the wonder of words.