Features of Windows 10 Operating System
It seems that with Windows 10, Microsoft has carried over some of the more positive features of Windows 8 and combined them with a bunch of other improved features, such as:
- A customizable start experience and refreshed icons and graphics
- Cortana – Microsoft’s new digital assistant “who” helps find information on both the Internet and your PC. She can also control Music Player, prepare an email or track a package.
- Microsoft Edge – A new web browser that assists Cortana and enables notation of web pages from within the browser…great for sharing notes
- Modern apps can now be windowed and used just like desktop apps, and there is the ability to turn off programs apps or utilities that are not essential to you.
- Quick access to PC settings and centralized management of notifications
- Users can edit, prepare documents and spreadsheets with touch optimized Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, OneNote and PowerPoint.
- Continuum Mode, which easily helps you decide if your laptop or tablet will work better for you in different instances
- Storage sense, which analyses files, tells you how much space is occupied by what type of content and how to locate and clean it
- Access to a range of new features in the Command Prompt Properties Menu, such as copy and paste support and line wrapping for easier reading
- FLHE, MKV and HEVC support, which improves the video watching experience while maximizing battery life
- New track pad gestures that rival Mac OS X, such as pinch to zoom, 2 finger scrolling, 2 finger tap to right click, 3 finger swipe up to reveal Task View, 3 finger swipe down for Desktop, 3 finger tap for Cortana and 4 finger tap to open Action Center
- Easy video screen recording anywhere through Game DVR
- Windows snapping function, including snapping to ½ screen and snapping windows to a corner
- DirectX 12, which is slated to be the best platform for PC gaming in the near future
If you have questions about how Windows 10 will compare to your current operating system, or about Windows 10 in general, give Computer ‘A’ Services a call at 386-409-0320. We love to talk computers!